• Repost - originally posted 13-07-2012

Report name variable in Sharepoint


Whilst deploying some reports to a new Sharepoint installation I noticed that the global ReportName variable (Globals!ReportName) included the file extension .rdl. This doesn't occur on a native mode installation. The easiest way I found to get around this was to create an expression that stripped out this file extension =Replace(Globals!ReportName,".rdl",""). I then included this change to our standard report template.


3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Standardise database sizes and automation

The default setting for the initial sizing of data and log files (and their autogrowth) is not adequate. I like to make sure that we set standard sizes for our data and log files - plus standard sizes

Migrating SSIS packages to AWS

We are currently migrating a large amount of SSIS packages (SQL Server 2008R2) to SQL Server 2016 at AWS. It has been a learning exercise to get these packages running. What we have learnt (so far) is

Review missing index findings before you implement

There are a number of queries widely available that will look at the DMVs and tell you what indexes you may be missing. This is a great help with performance tuning your SQL Server. But be cautious of