Installing SQL Server - Part 4 Post installation additional components
This is the fourth part of a series on installing SQL Server.
This is based on an a standalone installation of SQL Server 2017.
This blog focuses on the post installation additional components/features that you may want to create or configure.
The following are some of the customisations that I implement on a SQL Server installation:
- create stored procedure sp_helpindex2 (source Yaniv Etrogi)
- create stored procedure sp_whoisactive (source Adam Machanic)
- enable Database mail XP's
- configure Database mail and then test
- configure operators
- configure alerts
- enable SQL Agent mail and then test
- create backup and maintenance jobs from Ola Hallengren's script and then customise
- enable notifications for job failures
- run sp_blitz from Brent Ozar and make sure that there is nothing that I have missed